Sunday 21 August 2011

Round 3 complete

The wireless network is down this weekend, so I am writing this on a computer. How novel! It means that I am away from my baby, which makes me increasingly nervous. I am going to make this short.

Eleanor has been spectacular in her response to the chemo or, as her godmother put it, her big girl juice. All the doctors and nurses are nodding their heads in approval, which is nice to see. Her nausea is under control and she seems in good spirits. She's still eating and breastfeeding, but not huge amounts, so she will be supplemented with breast milk feeds through her NG tube. Yup, I'm still a Nazi about breastfeeding! I think the staff are getting sick of me as I am always requesting bottles and caps, labels, pumps, pump kits etc etc. It would be so much easier (in their eyes) to just give her formula. Oh well. I'm pretty easy-going for most things, so if I have to stick my neck out on this one, I will!

I thought I would add a photo (because I can!). Here is one of us before she started her chemo treatments.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Love you guys and keep the pics coming! Chug the big girl juice E!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete