Thursday 1 December 2011

Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks for all the words of support and encouragement that have been pouring in over the last few days. I have been reading your messages, emails, texts, comments etc. and both Kris and I truly appreciate it. I am finding it difficult to respond to everyone individually, as I still don't know what to say, so I thought I would take this opportunity in this medium to say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

After Eleanor's counts recover from this round we will be heading home for an extended break over the holidays. We will come back in the new year for a final round and then come up with a new strategy. Kris and I will be spending much of our time searching out alternatives for her therapy. I think a few more opinions couldn't hurt, and if nothing else, it will offer piece of mind.

This isn't over. We aren't done yet, however I don't feel like fighting anymore. Fighting cancer is like engaging in guerilla warfare, or the war on terror. The enemy is too elusive and doesn't fight by your rules. There are no rules in cancer. So now we just hang on and experience all that is happening. I guess I was doing that all along. I like to think I am in the trenches with her, but she is the one fighting, and she is far from finished. Bless her fierce little(big) heart.

Thanks again.

1 comment:

  1. Bless you and your family Kate. Wishing all the best for Eleanor, she couldn't ask for more loving parents. I watched my Grandmother lose both of her two children before she passed away herself and saw how gut wrenching it was for her, and both of her children lived to be adults. You are right, there are no words, but the love that you have for her will carry on always, regardless of how long Eleanor's life is, and I hope it is long. Thoughts and prayers are with your family, wishing you a wonderful holiday season together.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete