Sunday 4 December 2011

Eleanor's Weekend (in pics)

We had a more promising conversation with Eleanor's oncologist this weekend. It wasn't new news, but it was positive, and gave us a lot of hope in our hearts. As one of the fellows (who has been following her since that first fateful day in June) said to us, "let her continue rewriting text books. She has been doing it for the past six months".

So with faces and hearts slightly upturned to the cool winter sunshine, I will continue my regular scheduled programming of making fun of my daughter, "Cribs"-style.

Welcome to my crib! That's my girl Jenny and my old man hanging out with some of 'da bears. We go way back, me and my crew. Stick around to see how we roll.

Friday is always a happening night in the ward. Celeb spottings are  frequent.

Hey! It's the dudes from Happy Feet!

My boy Rocky likes to chill in 'da crib

What up, Rocky?
Ahh the playroom. I have ALL the toys in the playroom, even if my favourite ones are the ones attached me.
Me and my old man in the playroom. 

Too much love, man!

WAY too much!

Sometimes I like to put on some nice threads to impress the boys...
Sometimes they don't notice.
Check out the sweet rims on my ride! Love hitting the open road.

At the end of the day, I like to just put up my feet and watch some Baby Einstein. Dad likes it too.

Thanks for visiting me here at my crib on 'Da Crib Avenue!


2 comments:

  1. I spent a couple nights in the ICU this week with my daughter, and a little boy beside us was diagnosed with cancer.
    I've been reading your blog for a while, and it made me think of you.
    People always ask me how I deal with everything we've been handed, and to me, it doesn't seem like I do that much. It's parents like you, and the little boy's parents, who are facing journeys a lot more difficult than ours, that are so inspiring to me. Finding humor in everyday things, making your children laugh when they don't feel well, radiating optimism, even when it must be so hard. I hope you know how amazing you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up. Eleanor has a great team behind her!

    ReplyDelete