Wednesday 14 December 2011

Please Stand By.... Technical Difficulties...

I really wanted to post photos from Eleanor's birthday, but I am having trouble with Photo Stream. It seems my favourite software update from iCloud is letting me down. It only "streams" if I am on the hospital network, so I have no new photos. Very frustrating. Rest assured that the little party was a huge success, and Kris made sure all the kids and parents on the ward had cake and pizza. Apparently it doesn't matter what your age, everyone loves ice cream cake!

On Monday we left the hospital. There were many tears shed, and not all of them were mine or Smelly's. We are home for 2+ weeks, but it still felt like we were leaving forever. I have embraced my institutionalisation-ness and have come to think of Eleanor's doctors and nurses and social workers and physio therapists and occupational therapists and volunteers and cleaning staff and porters as family. I've spent so much time with these people over the last six months it pains me to think of a time when I won't see them every day. The more time we get at home, the easier it will become, but it's still a scary thought.

But we are home now and it has been great. We are looking forward to a family Christmas and hopefully some lovely memories. Eleanor is fast perfecting her lunging face plant, and it feels like she is very close to crawling. She is definitely showing interest in moving and she is getting much stronger. Hopefully she will continue to lunge and NOT face plant!

In the mean time, there is lots of holiday cheer to celebrate in, and I hope you are all enjoying time with your loved ones!

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have some time to relax and enjoy spending time with your family over the holidays! You guys are in my thoughts as always. Merry Christmas, and a belated happy birthday to the cutie!

    ReplyDelete