Tuesday 5 July 2011

Everything sunny all the time always

Mmmmm. The sunshine warms the back of my neck as I sit on the rooftop patio outside the ward. Children laughing and playing warms my heart. The sky is so clear, it looks like I could reach out and touch the North Shore mountains. It's like today was made for me. I can't stop smiling.

I have been overwhelmed by the support that continues to pour in from around the world. Eleanor is a popular little girl! She must sense it; she certainly soaks up the attention from the nurses and doctors and hospital staff. Her big, bright eyes watch each person who enters the room, and she coolly examines them, and deems them worthy or unworthy of a smile. Men seem to get the most smiles, much to our dismay. I hope this isn't a trend that will continue into her adolescent years!

But seriously, the support is amazing. Whether it's a card or a gift or a thought and a prayer, they are all very much appreciated. I wish I had the time and energy to thank everyone individually, and I will do my very best. My hope is that Eleanor can thank everyone herself, so I won't have to!

On days like today, however, I don't need anything. My baby girl had three solid naps, lots of wet diapers and some quality playtime. I get to sit out in the sun! Who could ask for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment