Thursday 1 September 2011

September

I seem to have destroyed my thumbs from spending so much time on my phone. It hurts to type, but I wanted to give a quick update. Eleanor is doing much better after a fairly terrifying week. She was really doped up on morphine to manage her pain, and they have carefully weaned her off over the past 48 hours. The docs are saying we can go home for the weekend but she has to be off the morphine (check!) and back on the boob (oral feedings). The latter is a bit of a problem, as she is not super interested in eating still. Her blood counts are up and it's quite clear that she will be ready for round 4 by Tuesday. Where is the time going? It's September today! We are very quickly approaching 3 months in hospital. Mind boggling.

More ibuprofen and rest for my thumbs now...

No comments:

Post a Comment