Wednesday 28 September 2011

Naked

I just dropped the babe off at her CT scan. I held her in my arms and kissed her cheek as she slowly dropped off to sleep. It was much more gentle than the last time, where she instantly turned into a rag doll. They anaesthesiologists ushered me out of the room and I walked the long walk back to 3B, alone. It's amazing how incredibly exposed and naked I feel without my baby in my arms, without her IV pole to maneuver. I put on Kris's sweater and hug my arms around me to feel less alone. She'll be back very soon, and results will follow. I have every reason to believe the results will be good - so why do I feel so scared? I guess I am reliving everything that went wrong last time: the GP avoiding telling me and getting so upset that she transferred our file to someone else; the shock of not 3 or 4 nodes, but 10 to 20; the offer of stopping treatment (again). We put all of our faith in the "big girl juice" and it was all leading up to today. Now we wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment