Friday 30 November 2012

The Secret Posts: part 1

Written August 20, 2012

It is a cooler and slightly gloomy Monday. Eleanor woke at 4am, screaming. It was so loud I thought she would never settle. Kris brought her into bed and she immediately snuggled into me and fell asleep with my arm wrapped around her. It was wonderful, except I didn't go back to sleep. I had to pee and my hips ached from lying on my side. I'm only 5.5 weeks in and already some of the symptoms I experienced later in my pregnancy with Eleanor are coming out to play. I managed to squeeze in 40 minutes of dream-filled sleep after she woke up an hour or so later.

In order to minimize suspicion, I am getting my blood work done at 7:30am and Kris is at home watching the baby. It's so different from last time. Last time everyone in our families knew before I was 8 weeks. It was so hard to keep our mouths shut. Kris told cab drivers, coffee baristas, bartenders...pretty much anyone who would listen. Now we are telling noone. It's a nice feeling, keeping it private, but there are still a lot of butterflies. I'm not thinking long term at all. I am literally taking it day by day. If it turns out to be viable (God willing), then I will start making plans. Until then, I will just relish in how good my jeans fit when I pulled them on this morning. Haven't worn them in weeks and am delighted in how comfy they still are. No early bloating for me! Long may it last.

No comments:

Post a Comment