Wednesday 25 January 2012

Adventuring

Eleanor is having her first sleepover at Ronald McDonald House! While Kris has spent many nights here, Eleanor always stays at the hospital, and I stay there with her. But this trip is different; she is not being admitted. We are just here for routine tests and imaging and then we will be on our way home. I'm trying not to completely panic, and Kris has set me up for success with her medications, but it is a lot to do all alone. Oh, did I not mention the part where Kris had to stay behind to work?!?! Because he did and it sucks. No, it's great. Another one of his apps is being featured on the app store, and that is good, but it means this trip is S.T.R.E.S.S.F.U.L.

Eleanor is such a sucky baby. She goes into hysterics if I turn my back. How am I supposed to organize all her meds, prepare her food, fix her formula, feed both of us, dress both of us and have everything we will need for a full day out? And then do it all over again the next day? Many have done it before me, and many will again. I think this is where I say to me (now here listening), "suck it up, princess. Get it done."

And that is how I am going to get through the next 48 hours. Put my head down and get it done. I just hope she sleeps tonight.

I hope I sleep tonight...


I'm going to get that done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment