Thursday 10 May 2012

It's been a long time...

I've been distracted.


Truthfully, I feel a little weird posting about the normal bobbler stuff we have been experiencing lately. That, and we are due for scans next week which makes me nervous. Nervous and distracted. But I don't want to talk about that. I don't want to anticipate or dwell or even think about it til the weekend.

For now, I am apologizing. Eleanor is boring. She's a happy, movin', groovin' bobbler. Though she seems to be cutting molars, which is ill timed because I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING EXCEPT HER SCANS!

I'm scared. Her last hormone levels came back normal, so I shouldn't be scared, but one of Eleanor's little buddies is having a hell of a time right now. His cancer just won't stop growing and his case isn't that different than ours. So I'm scared. And it doesn't help that Kris's photos are running on his iPad next to me and there are so many scary sick photos of my baby that I have never seen before. Did she really look like that? She's alabaster white. Ghostly, with scary sunken eyes. So many lines running out of her body. Did that all really happen? I don't want to go back. I like it here. I like that people think I gave her a buzz cut instead of worrying, bumbling questions that ultimately come out as, "what's wrong with her?"

So yeah. It's been two weeks since I posted. Here is a quick snapshot of what has been going on.

I attended an incredible event for Eleanor. It was the wrap party for the Sole Sisters running group. They have over 300 women that train for the Times Colonist 10km run/walk. The woman who started it 7 years ago is a superstar. She is an incredible woman who gives so much of her time to help others, it is really incredible. Organizing a group of that size is no easy task! Everyone single one of those women have different needs, different goals and different reasons for taking on the challenge of a 10km, and she has to accommodate every last one of them. Every year these women bring a toonie or a loonie for a designated "cub"; a child with health challenges that could use some extra funds. This year, Eleanor was one of their cubs. It was so wonderful to be a room with so many lovely people, and I am excited to join them in their next endeavours (RVM half marathon in the fall?!??!).

Eleanor has started gaining a lot of strength. As I was wrestling with her for a diaper change last week, she pushed past me and sat up. She sat up all on her own. She had never successfully transitioned from laying to sitting, so I took a bunch of photos that don't really capture the emotion of the moment, but they are pretty cute.

Sittin' on the dock of my diaper...




Watchin' my train roll away...


ooooo....
Granny got back from her trip to Ireland and Eleanor was thrilled to see her. She loves her Granny.


More strength means more skills. Her army crawling is starting to take her places, which is both awesome and terrifying. I was hoping that because she is so late to the game, maybe she won't get into trouble. Not so much, but it's a nice thought! She's also able to pull herself up to standing, but only from sitting on my knee.


Spot the monkey


Nice up-dog, little bear!




First time standing by just holding hands!!

Yarg. I will have to save the rest of the photos for another post! To sign off, I will leave you with another video. We are excitedly embracing the warmer weather and had a wonderful day down at the beach with the ladies of the family. Here are Eleanor and Bea engaging in their favourite game (with a little help from Auntie Trudi!). I think Eleanor would do this all day if she had it her way!


1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhh she is soooo cute I just love her sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete