Monday 23 April 2012

Sidetracked For A Good Cause: part 1

In light of me leaving my kickass job as a fundraiser at Free The Children and because Eleanor is so gosh darn boring these days - what, with her good health and sunny disposition - I thought I would highlight some awesome projects and causes that I feel are important.

The first one I want to feature is pretty awesome. I'm a sucker for BIG projects with lots of bang for their buck. They require a ton of organization to keep all the moving parts in order and lots of blood, sweat and tears. This project is no exception.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Oilympics Charity Hockey Tournament!

This crazy group of people are about to take on the Guinness World Record for worlds longest game of hockey. The previous record is 243 hours and they are aiming to play for 254 hours!

That means 10 days of hockey, 24 hours a day - and all proceeds will go to support life saving equipment for PICU and cancer research at the Alberta Children's Hospital. They have a big fundraising goal of 1.5 million and they will need your help if they want to reach it.


Please support this event any way you can!

The game will be played from May 6 to May 16, 2012 at the Chestermere Recreational Centre just outside Calgary, AB.

For more information or to donate, click here for their website or find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HockeyMarathon

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the post, and for volunteering for the Marathon!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete