Tuesday 6 March 2012

Uncle Leo! Hello!!!

Eleanor is wearing a super cute outfit today, so I tried to take as many photos of her before she covers it in food. Her dress is courtesy of her big cousin Bea (as are most of her clothes), who we had a lovely lunch with yesterday. Well, it WAS lovely until I started sobbing because the baby kept hugging and kissing Bea. Oh god, it's making me teary just thinking about it. Jack was making her screech with delight by making silly faces. It may have been the loudest, silliest lunch we've ever had. Eleanor absolutely adores her big cousins, but I have never seen her express her love so clearly.

Anyway, back to today. She was playing peekaboo with her bag of apples and I caught a couple of shots, which I've posted below. I should state that she was SUPER happy, but something about her new eyebrows make her look so angry. Or crazy. Or both! She reminds me of Jerry's uncle Leo on Seinfeld when Elaine paints his eyebrows on after his get burnt off in an explosion and his doctor thinks he is being aggressive and "difficult".

We got some good news about the blood work from last week. It appears that E's testosterone and DHEAS levels are still negligible, which means her remaining adrenal and any erroneous adrenal tissue (lung nodules) are inactive. Quiet adrenals mean quiet cancer! Great stuff.

Another piece of happy news is Eleanor's little legs. Trudi had her "walking" around Crumsby's yesterday, and we were both impressed that she was taking a little weight. I tested her today by holding her upright against a chair. Once she was holding onto the seat and her legs in an appropriate position (and I found the courage), I let go. To my complete surprise, she didn't collapse. She didn't even buckle. She stayed standing and for a second looked like a normal toddler, cruising the furniture. I didn't let her stay in that position very long (hence no photos), but I am excited to try again later. Sometimes it feels like her gross motor skills will never catch up, and then with one action, she blows all doubt away. She's going to get better. She's going to walk and run and play. I love her so much. I'm so friggin' proud of her today.

Here are the photos of her sweet spring dress and angry brows.

1 comment: