Monday 2 July 2012

Kiss-It-Out

As I have mentioned before, Eleanor is now sleeping in her own bed, in her own room, and she digs it. I've tried napping with her in my bed, all cuddled up together like the old days...








... but she is having none of it. She hates being too warm and she seems to need a good five minutes of flailing and screaming before she sleeps. The best way to do that is in her crib.

Our bedtime ritual has changed quite a bit to accommodate the new locale. I read three of her bedtime books, sing her a song and then we put on her lullaby cd and rock quietly for one song. I put her in her crib and read my book til she falls asleep. Easy. Well, old habits die hard with this one, so often while we are cuddling she looks for my arm to suck. It always ends up in an awkward position, so she tries her luck at ANY exposed flesh. She tries my neck, my chest, my face... So the other night while I'm singing about speckled frogs and their bad eating-before-swimming habits (tsk tsk), she puts her lips right on my mouth! I started laughing and then she started laughing and then I started crying because making her laugh breaks my heart every.single.time and then I tried to sing and she did it again and we fall apart giggling. Now every time I sing before bed, she kisses me. I tried to capture it tonight.



I tried to take one with a flash, but they turned out a little wonky.

The flash is a jerk.


So sleepy!


Regardless, she still likes to kiss arms to fall asleep. She's just figured out her arms are the most perfectly kissable arms out there.



Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment