Thursday 3 January 2013

Simply The Best

So I have the best husband in the entire world. Sure, he has his short-comings and a lot of the time I want to murder him, but he does one thing for which I am eternally grateful: morning duty.

Every morning he gets up at some godforsaken hour (usually between 4:30-5:30am) and fetches Eleanor from her crib so I can sleep a little longer. He makes his coffee and feeds her some Cheerios or toast or fruit (hereto now known as "First Breakfast"), and the two of them quietly play for an hour or so. Around 6:30 the dog will start getting ornery so Kris makes me tea and tosses Eleanor into bed next to me and he takes the dog out for a pee.

I spend the next 20 minutes getting smashed in the face with my phone and playing defense so said phone doesn't get dropped in my tea (no Eleanor, hot. HOT! No Eleanor, not on Mummy's belly) until I finally drag myself, fetus and all, out of bed.
While this is taken later in the day, it successfully illustrates our compromise. My belly is spared her wrath and she sits on my face/shoulder
Eleanor and I will then have some Cheerios or toast or fruit (hereto now known as "Second Breakfast" and must be entirely different from First Breakfast) and we get on with our day.

Now, because I'm asleep for that first hour or so of Kris and Eleanor's day, I don't really know what shenanigans they get up to. I just enjoy my sleep and assume that much play was had because her toys are EVERYWHERE when I get up. So yesterday Kris showed me exactly how it goes down when he first gets up and I wanted to share it with you. Because it is hilarious. And cute. And slightly dangerous.










1 comment: